Wednesday 19 September 2012

Famous Pit Bulls: Helen Keller’s Pit Bull Sir Thomas

Blind and deaf since the age of 19 months, Helen Keller was an inspirational writer and speaker, and one of the most admired figures in the 20th century. She was an avid animal lover and had many canine companions throughout her long life, including her beloved pit bull, Sir Thomas. In her words:

“Whenever it is possible, my dog accompanies me on a walk or ride or sail. I have had many dog friends–huge mastiffs, soft-eyed spaniels, wood-wise setters and honest, homely bull terriers. At present the lord of my affections is one of these bull terriers. He has a long pedigree, a crooked tail and the drollest "phiz" in dogdom. My dog friends seem to understand my limitations, and always keep close beside me when I am alone. I love their affectionate ways and the eloquent wag of their tails.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment